Airsoft is a much-loved sport worldwide. It is a competitive sport played on a team where people use Airsoft guns to “shoot” a member of the opponent team. The guns are nothing but replica weapons that propel plastic or resin pellets when fired. Even though the game is quite similar to paintball in nature, the opposing team members have an ethical duty to call themselves out when they are hit.
Now, if you are thinking of pursuing any Airsoft game, you have an idea about the various guns and their accessories. Since there are numerous guns available in the market, it is best to know their functions and which one will be the best for you.
So let’s take a look at the types and functions of these guns.
Various facts about Airsoft guns:
- These guns are replicas of real firearms, with significantly less amount of power. Thus if used properly, cannot inflict any real damage on the players.
- Guns and ammunitions floor a wide choice for every airsoft player to provide a remarkable performance.
- They fire pellets made from plastic or biodegradable resin when you press the trigger. Even though the pellet marks are not always visible when they hit, they might sometimes leave behind a red mark on the opponent’s skin.
- There are various types of guns available for this sport. For example, spring powered, gas powered, battery operated, classic guns, etc. Each of them has its traits and operates differently.
- The gas powered ones, need Airsoft guns gas to propel the bullets out from the chamber. These guns mainly use green gas like propane in their canisters.
- The most popular guns are rechargeable battery powered ones. They are most diverse in both power and price.
- These guns come in replicas of pistols, assault rifles, submachine guns, snipers, etc.
Even though these guns are proverbial toys, you must be cautious while using them. Because of their close resemblance to firearms, they might be a cause for panic amongst civilians if used in a public space.
So use them responsibly and enjoy Airsoft games!